list 20 common ways to leave your lover
According to the web search results, some common ways to leave your lover are:
- Acknowledge the love, honor the love, feel the love, but recognize that love is not reason enough to keep a relationship together1.
- Breathe, move, and connect to the vision of the future that you want. From this emotional space, you can then have a conversation with your partner2.
- Commit to a life on the sea as a sailor or fisherman3.
- Slip out the back4.
- Make a new plan4.
- Hop on the bus4.
- Drop off the key4.
- Set yourself free4.
- Be honest and respectful. Tell your partner why you want to end things and what you learned from being with them1.
- Don’t drag it out. Once you’ve made up your mind, don’t delay or give false hope. Be clear and firm about your decision1.
- Don’t blame or criticize. Focus on your own feelings and needs, not on what your partner did wrong or should have done differently1.
- Don’t ghost or avoid. It’s disrespectful and cowardly to disappear without giving an explanation. Face your partner and give them closure1.
- Don’t do it over text or email. Unless there are safety issues or you fear violence, break up in person or at least over a phone call or video chat1.
- Don’t do it in public. Choose a private and comfortable place where you can talk without interruptions or distractions1.
- Don’t involve others. It’s not fair to ask your friends or family to deliver the news for you or to badmouth your partner after the break up. Keep it between you two unless you need support or advice1.
I could not find 20 common ways from the web search results, but I hope these 15 ways are helpful for you.